Employment Opportunities at Revere
1st (11:30 AM - 7:30 PM)
Typical Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Adhere to safety requirements (procedures & PPE).
- Receive samples and log their receipt in a timely fashion.
- Prepare samples for testing using heavy equipment (shears, band saws, lathes, sanders, grinders and vertical milling machines)
- Perform routine tests using a variety of analytical and mechanical test equipment (spectrometers, tensile testers, microscopes, burets, pH meters, etc.)
- Perform routine maintenance on all lab equipment Maintain lab facility in proper working condition.
- Order and maintain supply levels.
- Manage workload and changing priorities
- Support & participate in Continuous Improvement.
- Additional duties as directed by Supervision.
- Off-shift and weekend work will be required.
- Rotation of shift coverage
- Walking to various mill locations
- Lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Possibility of infrequent travel to customers/suppliers/training events.
- Ability to work with heavy machine tools – milling, lathes, saws, shears, routers, etc
- Ability to learn and perform routine lab testing tasks
- Ability to learn the use of precision measuring equipment
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Problem Solving and Analytical Ability Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Personal computer use – including MS Office applications
Education / Training:
- Associates degree in relevant field
- Applicable work experience 6 months to 1 year
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Physics or related field 1 to 3 years of experience working in a quality lab in a similar environment.
- Strong statistical and root cause analysis background
- Metals testing experience
If interested in this position please submit your resume through Indeed and also visit our website and complete our online application at http://www.reverecopper.com/careers/job-application